Sunday 16 December 2012

Resorting to nepholography on Arran


Getting inspiration for photography can be a challenge for anyone doing it on a regular basis, and never more so on those dull dreary days when it never quite gets light and the wildlife goes to ground.  But I was taught that there is always a photo opportunity, so despite the dullness of the day my camera accompanied me on the daily dog walk. Not being very optimistic I decided to travel light with just one lens (attached to the camera) tucked under my coat and no tripod. 


Now I should probably let you know at this point that I decided when I started a blog that I would not let it run me and that any photo’s would have to be taken in the usual course of my week.  So if nothing exciting has been happening, or I've been doing work for clients, the daily dog walk is the best opportunity. Now it would be easy to resort to presenting doggy photographs and I'm sure at some point I will, but not today.


Travelling light also makes me really work the camera settings – I hate spending time on the computer making adjustments – trying to capture the atmosphere of the day.  Luckily for me the clouds occasionally broke and glimmers of light burst through.


And a seat that would normally be walked past suddenly looked worthy of a stop.


A touch of monochrome can also work well for clouds making them the subject of the photograph.
Did you know that someone who studies clouds is called a nepholologist and someone who photographs them a nepholographer!


No comments:

Post a Comment