Tuesday 1 April 2014

A to Z Challenge - A is for Arran

I can't really believe I have just signed up to another challenge, not enough that I'm doing a 365 day project (Day 82), but now I am playing the April fool and have joined an A to Z challenge for the month of April.  Oh, I hear you say, there are only 26 letters in the alphabet and there are 30 days in April; well apparently we get Sundays off for good behaviour!  But back to the challenge.  I am already completing a monochrome project over a year and have to admit (as previous blogs and cheats will support) I crave a bit of colour and this, hopefully will allow me to satisfy that need with a daily blog of a colour photo.  Now that doesn't mean I won't repeat the photo in B & W for my other project, but it will depend on what subjects I come up with.

So what's my opening gambit with the letter A?  I came up with all the usual ideas, apple, architecture, aphids, arm (april fool), before I realised it may be a good idea to introduce me, my business and my blog which happens to start with a letter A!

I run a little business called Arran in Focus.  Arran is my passion, a little island off the west coast of Scotland, often referred to as Scotland in Miniature.  It is a truly wonderful place, with stunning scenery and wildlife.  I loved it so much that a few years ago I decided to chase my dream and move here (giving up a career and city lifestyle).  Unfortunately, my previous life didn't provide sufficient resources to be able to become a lady of leisure, so I started up a small photography business doing workshops and training (along with the odd wedding and commercial work).
So this is my opening gambit into the challenge, I'm now off to buy a banana!

3 comments:

  1. How interesting! Looking forward to more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Arran, we visited in 2012. Your post brought back memories!

    ReplyDelete